This tool allows to measure Intima Media Thickness (IMT) and compliance of a vascular artery from an ultrasound image.
How do you measure IMT ?
This software allows a user to quickly measure the IMT value of a Human artery. Only four steps are necessary:
- Load the ultrasound image
- Select the region of interest on the image
- Define the scale of the image
- Run the analysis and read the results provided as a PDF file
About the IMT measurement
Intima media thickness (IMT) is an index of arterio- and atherosclerosis independent of “classic” vascular risk factors (hypertension, smoking, diabetes, dyslipidemia, age, and sex), which reflects the true extent of structural changes of the arteries.
The measurement requires a good quality image in accordance with current recommendations (1).
eIMT works on a desktop or notebook computer (Windows ©, Linux, Mac OS ©) where the Java virtual machine is installed (version 1.6).
(1) Use of Carotid Ultrasound to Identify Subclinical Vascular Disease and Evaluate cardiovascular Disease Risk : A Consensus Statement from the American Society of Echocardiography Carotid Intima-Media Thickness Task Force Endorsed by the Society for Vascular Medicine. Auteurs Stein J.H., Korcarz C.E., Hurst R., Lonn E., Kendall C.B., Mohler E.R., Najjar S.S., Rembold C.M., Post W.S. Revue Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography 2008 (Fev); 21(2): 93-111.